The Product Owner represents the interests of the stakeholder community to the Scrum Team. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring clear communication of product or service functionality requirements to the Scrum Team, defining Acceptance Criteria, and ensuring those criteria are met. The Product Owner must always maintain a dual view. He or she must understand and support the needs and interests of all stakeholders, while also understanding the needs and workings of the Scrum Team.What are the benefits of a Scrum Product Owner certification?
By earning a Scrum Product Owner® certification you:
• Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Scrum Product Owner's role from the best minds in Scrum.
• Demonstrate to employers and peers your attainment of core Scrum knowledge.
• Expand your career opportunities by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices.
• Engage with a community of recognized Scrum experts who are committed to continuous improvement.
As a SPOC, you will be able to fulfill the role of Product Owner on a Scrum team. You will also have access to a 3-year membership with Scrum study. Through this membership you can join local user groups, online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on gatherings, and additional member-only resources. In addition, SPOC can use a specially designed logo to highlight their credentials. - See more at: http://www.scrumstudy.com/Certification/scrum-product-owner-certification
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, SDC™ or SMC™ Certified professionals will be able to better understand the concepts required for this certification exam. It is also highly recommended to attend a 2-day SPOC™ classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy approved Authorized Training Partner (A.T.P.)
What participants will learn
Participants will be familiar with the concepts, advantages, and challenges of the Scrum methodology.
Participants will be equipped with the knowledge needed to be the Scrum Product Owner or Agile Business Analyst in their organizations and help their organizations adopt Scrum methodology. Furthermore, participants will develop an understanding of all the roles in Scrum.
Participants will be equipped to deal with the Project Stakeholders and take care of the business/value side of things.
Participants will have experience carrying out a Scrum project through simulated case scenarios.
Participants will have knowledge pertaining to and can anticipate issues related to the practical implementation of Scrum.
Participants will be armed with the proper tools to address, resolve, and take the lead on Scrum issues in their organizations
SBOK™ (SCRUM Body of Knowledge)
Student course workbook
Case study booklet
Scrum in a page
Scrum Product Owner Certified physical certificate by SCRUMstudy.
16 PMI® PDUs
Agile and Scrum Overview
○ What is Agile?
○ Why use Agile?
○ The Agile Manifesto
○ Principles of the Agile Manifesto
○ Agile Methods
○ Other Agile Methods
○ Scrum Overview
○ Scrum Summary
○ Scrum Roles
○ The Product Owner
○ The Scrum Team
○ Scrum Master
○ Advantages of Cross-functional Teams
Planning in Scrum
○ Scrum Flow
○ Requirements in Scrum
○ Prioritizing the Product Backlog
○ Adaptive Project Management
○ Scrum Planning
○ User Stories
○ The Concept of Persona
○ Acceptance Criteria
○ Generic Done Criteria
○ Criteria for a Good User Story
○ Importance of Value
○ Risk Burndown Graphics
○ Scrum Board
○ Sprints (from Product Owner's point of view)
○ Sprint Planning Meeting
○ Planning Game
○ Task Estimation
○ The Sprint Backlog
Implementation of Scrum
○ Daily Stand-up Meeting
○ Sprint Review Meeting
○ Sprint Retrospective Meeting
○ Product Backlog Grooming
Scrum for Large Projects
○ Scrum for Large Projects
○ The Chief Product Owner
○ Distributed teams in Scrum
○ Transition to Scrum
○ Mapping Traditional Roles to Scrum
○ Maintaining Stakeholder Involvement /p>
• Proctored online exam
• 180 minutes, 140 questions
• Need to schedule the exam in advance using the membership account
• Can be taken only as per the allotted time-slot
• Multiple choice
• 140 questions per exam
• No negative marks for wrong answers
• 180 minutes duration
• Proctored online exam
• Current pass rate: 95%
This certification is for anyone who interfaces with stakeholders or works as a Product Owner in a Scrum Team.
• Applicants will be awarded the Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC™) certificate by SCRUMstudy upon successfully passing the certification exam.